Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, January 23, 2011

Everton Walk - Fields of Gold


Everton Walk - Fields of Gold
Originally uploaded by Alan Norsworthy


Serendipity - We took the long way home from our trip to Everton Mill on Saturday, down side roads seldom, if ever driven.
We were rewarded by this classic winter scene. - Serendipity.

Have I mentioned how much I love winter? The silence is what gets me every time, the wind in the tree's, the crunch of snow underfoot, the occasional chickadee calling. I guess you could call me "the snow man" :-)

"One must have a mind of winter
To regard the frost and boughs
Of the pine-trees crusted with snow;
And have been cold a long time
To behold the junipers shagged with ice,
The spruces rough in the distant glitter

Of the January sun; and not to think

Of any misery in the sound of the wind,
In the sound of a few leaves."
- Wallace Stevens, The Snow Man, 1923

2 comments:

Doug England said...

I like how you have presented your vision of this scene Alan. As you frequently say (I paraphrase), it is interesting to see how other photographers interpret the scene when shooting the same subject matter.

Stone Parliament of Art said...

"it is interesting to see how other photographers interpret the scene when shooting the same subject matter." Well said... we all come to the field with a different lens, a human one.
Sharing how you see winter is beautiful and your love for the season is evident in the incredible photos you create!