Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, February 27, 2011

Visual Haiku


Visual Haiku
Originally uploaded by Alan Norsworthy


Everyone was busy this weekend so it was one of those increasingly rare days when I went out alone.
I had decided on a long drive but at the last minute changed my mind and went to the Arboretum in the UofG.

My choice today was my Nikon F4 loaded with Kodak BW400CN film with my Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 AiS. My D300 sported my Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 AiS. That's it, no bag of gear just 2 camera's and 2 fast lenses.

The trails were rutted, frozen and slippery, a difficult place to walk without concentrating on where to put your next step but I already knew what I was looking for ...

It took about an hour to find it.

Plenty of time to ponder, wander and think about my favourite season, about how amazing life is.
That something that seems so fragile can survive our winters and yet come to life in the Spring.

The wheel turns.

Of winter's lifeless world each tree
Now seems a perfect part;
Yet each one holds summer's secret
Deep down within its heart.
~Charles G. Stater

No comments: