Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, March 25, 2012

Flowers


Untitled
Originally uploaded by Alan Norsworthy


This last week we went from winter to summer and eventually got spring.

The crocus and miniature iris are up in the garden, the tree's are alive with bird song, the earth or at least the Northern hemisphere is awakening.

I'm a fall and winter person, I enjoy the cold so why am I so hapy at this time of year?

It's the change I enjoy, seeing all that looked lifeless, magically spring back to life is inspiring and refreshing.
Unfortunately flowers are not the only things that springs back to life, so do the bugs.

Here come the blackfly and the mosquitoes!

But before they do there is the delicious in-between when walking the fields feels like walking on soggy shredded wheat (Robert Bateman said that) and the smell of spring is in the air, the birds are singing all these give promise of better days to come.

Yesterday we spent the day in a greenhouse of exotic plants and even more exotic smells from the flowers.

I think everyone should visit a greenhouse at least once during the winter it is sure to cheer you up.

I dedicate this weeks blog to the flowers ....



The flower offered of itself
And eloquently spoke
Of Gods
In languages of rainbows,
Perfumes
And secret silence...
~Phillip Pulfrey, from Love, Abstraction and other Speculations,

No comments: