Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sundown - Algonquin Park


Sundown - Algonquin Park
Originally uploaded by Alan Norsworthy


Sundown, the low sun streams across the beaver damn lakes and strikes the other side.

The effect only lasts a few minutes but the memory lasts forever.
Anyone who has ever visited Algonquin Park knows what I am talking about.

This weekend saw our annual Spring visit to Algonquin Park.
Unfortunately one of our merry band could not make it and was sorely missed. I myself found a place to stay at the last minute and was able to go.

Next year we will have to plan earlier because the more hectic or lives become the more crucial our leisure time becomes.
We all need to recharge our batteries, I recharge mine in places like this ..

We all need empty hours in our lives or we will have no time to create or dream. ~Robert Coles

No comments: