Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Monday, November 5, 2012

Door Chimes


Door Chimes
Originally uploaded by Alan Norsworthy


No man's an Island ...

I'm still recovering from this damned cold/flu or whatever it is I have.
However this weekend was an absolute joy;

On Saturday I met up with Doug and spent an hour or so at "Tim's" drinking tea and catching up. Eventually we ventured out for a walk but Doug was ever conscious of my weakened state and thank goodness because I would have overdone it had he not been.
Yes he told me I had had enough and brought me home, I had taken 3 photographs that day.
Thank you my friend for taking the time out and giving up yours for a short walk and not much photography, I needed that.

Sunday Cathy and I were invited to visit Grant and Cathy in Milton. Grant had photographed my son David's wedding and he had all the proofs ready. So the gang descended on their house, Cathy and I and David and his new bride Siobhan.
We had a great afternoon laughing and talking, watching a slideshow and movie's of the wedding and gorging ourselves on Chinese food.
Not too much exercise but that meant I could stay longer :-)

All in all a wonderful weekend organised by wonderful friends, I thank each of you and hope you don't get sick ...

Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. ~Jane Howard

No comments: