Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, February 24, 2013

Tiffany Falls - A Study in Black and White


Tiffany Falls - A Study in Black and White
Originally uploaded by Alan Norsworthy


Part of our discussions yesterday were about being out and about early and why do we not venture out in the evening.
Well fo rme the answer is quite simple, I am up early, I enjoy the peace and quiet that early morning brings, it's 'my time'.
On the weekend I share that time with like minded individuals and we venture out chasing the light.

Of an evening I am happy to stay at home relaxing with my family and easing into a soporific state of mind preparing for bed.
I think if I spent that time wandering the woods and fields I would be way to 'awake' at bedtime...

The town was glad with morning light; places that had shown ugly and distrustful all night long, now wore a smile; and sparkling sunbeams dancing on chamber windows, and twinkling through blind and curtain before sleepers' eyes, shed light even into dreams, and chased away the shadows of the night. ~Charles Dickens, The Old Curiosity Shop

1 comment:

NAPHO said...

Great image, Alan
And wise words, although evening light once in a while doesn't hurt.