Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, March 24, 2013

Earth Hour - Orion Nebula


Earth Hour - Orion Nebula
Originally uploaded by Alan Norsworthy


So, how did you spend Earth Hour?

The antibiotics are working their magic and I am slowly getting over whatever it was that knocked me flat for several days, weeks?
After what seems like forever I felt that I was up for a walk so I joined up with Doug and Patrick for a leisurely stroll along a section of Arkell Road.Not exactly the most quiet of places due to the constant traffic but there were a myriad of interesting features along the roadside and in the gently rolling fields beyond.
Yes, a leisurely stroll was just fine and I appreciate that my companions had put my health ahead of an adventure.

Despite my concerns about an evening excursion to ‘hunt comets’ I went anyway, which made for a long day on my first day back ‘in the fold’.
Pan-STARRS was our quarry but unfortunately the clouds would not co-operate and hugged the horizon hiding the comet from view.
However looking up we had spectacular views even if the moon was up and shining brightly.

All that know me know that I am not a night person, ‘early to bed and early to rise’ that’s me but there is something to be said for walking abroad in the country with only the moonlight to show the way and listening to the night ...

This image is of the Orion Nebula, taken with my D300 and Nikkor 400 f/3,5.

And the night shall be filled with music,
And the cares that infest the day
Shall fold their tents like the Arabs
And as silently steal away.

No comments: