Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, February 23, 2014

Noir et Blanc - Belgian Nursery


Noir et Blanc - Belgian Nursery
Originally uploaded by Alan Norsworthy


Towards the end of the work week is when we start to firm up our 'Saturday outings' plans.
This time however one of the Three Amigo's was in a bit of a creative slump. I was in the mood for an adventure.

Recently I had visited the Belgian Nurseries which is very close to where I live, I was looking for a particular plant that my wife was interested in.
What I found was a world of photographic and artistic wonders. I could not wait to visit with my cameras and sketch books.
I spoke with someone who I thought was the owner, seeking permission to wander around and they were most accommodating.

So therein lies the problem, me desperate to go and revisit, my amigo ...well not so much.. "a great pile of pots, eh"? Was his reply as I tried to fire his imagination...

Despite his trepidation he came along trusting me. Heck he even drove!

After our arrival it took only a few minutes he pulled out a camera and he was off. Three hours went by in no time at all we barely remember any of it in a flurry of creation, camera's clicking pens and pencils flying across clean white pages.

All too soon it was time to leave Doug said "OK now you can say I told you so" but I didn't because I wasn't sure he would see what I saw.
He admitted that he had been to the nurseries many times seeking out plants or bits and pieces for the garden but never realised what was there.
My explanation was 'but then you were not seeing as a photographer sees'.
Me? I'm just happy that once more my friend trusted me to come along and that his trust in my judgment was not misplaced.

"As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears". ~Rumi

No comments: