Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, May 4, 2014

Have you ever had that feeling ?






















Have you ever had that feeling, one where you just have to give in?
Last week one of those moments grabbed me and wouldn't let go.
Try as I might the itch HAD to be scratched.

Algonquin was singing her siren song …

Thankfully I have an understanding wife ….

The forecast was for showers, I didn't care, thats what rain gear is for. What they didn't say was it was showers interspersed with heavy rain, I still didn't care ...

Algonquin was not going to be denied her tribute and come Friday afternoon I was on my way. By 4:30 I was across the park and into Whitney and checking in at the 'Mad Musher' one of the very few places one at this time of year.

After a quick meal I was back on the road retracing my steps “moose hunting” all I saw in the fading light was a raven and a grouse. Still even though they never fail to bring a smile to my face, I wasn't there for the moose this year.
The old beaver pond area by Opeongo Road was my destination. You see I have visited this spot for several years and two years ago the landscape was transformed either by accident or design. The top beaver dam was breached and that mighty flow of water took out two more dams downstream leaving the area as it was before te beaver arrived.

Last year I witnessed a young beaver work it's way upstream.
Where they back?
Was there a partial dam built?
I had to see...

But I waited until Saturday morning.

Up before dawn, well the gray was lightening slowly and the rain was gentle, I set off.
I parked the car at the usual spot and walked back to the trail...

I hear water, too much water .. no dam...

Damn !

Still I was there, the itch scratched, my favourite spot still there waiting, so I sat a while, watching, listening, taking it all in as if for the first time and smiling inwardly.

I took out my phone to answer a text from my wife .. “Happy Anniversary Sweetheart” …
Have I told you recently just how much I love you ?

I am truly blessed
You see ..


You can fall in love at first sight with a place as with a person”. ~Alec Waugh

No comments: