Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, December 7, 2014

Mr Clean


























Sometimes, well most times we do not see, or choose not to see the homeless and disadvantaged among us.


Yesterday I walked the mean streets of Hamilton with friends and was amazed by the numbers of homeless, transient and ‘lost’ souls who inhabit that part of town.


One of the first people I ‘met’ was smiling, laughing and walking with a spring in his step. He had just been ‘released’ and was making his way home with a small bag of possessions.
Can you imagine how that feels?
No neither can I but I caught a glimpse of it in those few moments.


Another, just a working man trying to get by was working a pump extracting grease and oil from the fryers at a local restaurant. If you have ever smelled old grease you can imagine how this scene was but he worked with a smile and was more than happy to chat about his job. He even posed for a photograph.
Can you imagine such a job ?
No neither can I and I am grateful that I do not have to do it.


As we walked I watched my friend Grant engage these people and many more with a quick word and a smile often convincing them to pose for a photograph.
He  has a way with people from all walks of life, especially the downtrodden.


Watching him engage total strangers in conversation was and is inspiring.


“It’s easy to be nice to people” was his only comment.


Yes it is but unfortunately it is easier to walk on by pretending they do not exist.

The next evolutionary step for humankind is to move from human to kind”. ~Author Unknown

No comments: