Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, January 25, 2015

























https://www.flickr.com/photos/ajn_photography/16331088476/


Photographic outings with others can be both stimulating and distracting, both in a good way!
When I go out with friends I find the way I see things changes, not only for the moment for for several days after.
We all have differing points of view which on their own define a persons 'style' but allowing your mind to open up to other possibilities and by stepping out of your comfort zone you might just find a new 'style' a blend of your own and another.

A case in point:
Recently I have been influenced by two of my friends to the point of creating an 'Homage' photograph.

The first was not deliberate, it just happened.

The second was deliberately chosen to reflect someone's 'style'.

Yes I may tease them but it is more than that, it is an admission of a style that I am impressed and altered by.

So here is the homage to two fine photographers who's work I have tried to emulate in recent weeks:

Vartkes



Patrick


Classic defining photographs from each of them.

And in seeing their work I have been changed, hopefully for the better!

The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer”. ~Author Unknown



No comments: