Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, August 28, 2011

Newfoundland - Sitting on a rock, on "the RocK"


Newfoundland - Sitting on a rock on "the RocK"
Originally uploaded by Alan Norsworthy


Notes from my journal:
Onward to Great Brehat (Braa-at) and another of those hidden gems. This is such a joy but the icing on the cake was the path that lead to the top of the headland.

From here there is a panorama of blue sea, white ice and green grey rocks and cliffs. Add to all that is the scent of bayberry, talk about sensory overload. I sat there for quite a while and managed a self portrait sitting on the rocks overlooking the ocean.

I think I am getting a feel for this place now.

The solitude gives your mind a chance to wander, free like the circling gulls above.
The silence, the crunch of your boots on ancient rock, the wind in your ears, the sun on your back offer peace of mind.
A feeling of belonging, a place where everything is right with the world. It reminds me of a line from a Foster and Allen song ..
"and if you come broken, we'll see that you mend"
I can only describe it as Hauntingly beautiful

You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. ~Albert Camus

No comments: