Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, September 4, 2011

Newfoundland - The reason I went back.


Newfoundland - The reason I went back.
Originally uploaded by Alan Norsworthy


Well the real reason I went back was because my wife said I should. She could not get time off work but insisted I go alone, because she knew I wanted too. Go back that is but not necessarily alone.
She understands me better than I understand myself. I guess she saw my disappointment, although I tried to hide it and thought I had, when we visited in June. In a whirlwind of a few days the decision was made, the flight booked and I was on my way.

I was going seeking Icebergs, what I found, was me.

There are days when solitude is a heady wine that intoxicates you with freedom, others when it is a bitter tonic, and still others when it is a poison that makes you beat your head against the wall. ~Colette

No comments: