Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Hard Week




















It has been a rough couple of weeks. 
A death in the family made for some emotionally charged times.. 

On September 24 my Father-in-Law of over 25 years, Frank was finally released from his long battle with cancer. He had been cared for at home by my Mother-in-Law Doris for as long as she could manage. His final days were at Carpenter House Hospice in Burlington. 
Throughout this time his spirit was unbroken as witnessed by us all .. 

No complaints, no regrets just a simple statement which summed up the man; 

" I am truly blessed to have had such a wonderful family" 

I hope I can have that sort of dignity and strength of character. 

At his Memorial I was asked to read a poem, it serves as my quote for this week; 

"When I come to the end of the road 
And the sun has set on me 
I want no rites in a gloom filled room 
Why cry for a soul set free? 
Miss me a little - but not too long 
And not with your head bowed low 
Remember the love that we once shared 
Miss me -but let me go 
This is journey we all must make 
And each must go alone 
It's all a part of the Master's plan 
A step on the road to home 
When you are alone and sick at heart 
Go to the friends you know 
And bury your sorrow in doing good deeds 
Miss me - but let me go." 

` Author unknown 

He will be sorely missed by us all

No comments: