Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, November 23, 2014




















Winter arrived with a vengeance this last week, especially if you lived anywhere near Buffalo NY.
Feet of snow, not inches fell in a short period of time as the city ground to a halt.

However, for the more fortunate (me) it covered the woods and trails in a blanket of white and a hush fell over the landscape but it was not to last Yesterday the rains came as the temperatures began to rise.
This morning I was greeted by sad piles of corn snow, soggy ground and sad wet leaves.
Almost like Spring!

I did manage to make a few 'seasonal' images such as this one here, my “photo of the week” but there was one I failed to make …

The answer lies here:


A sketch replaced the photograph as I couldn't get the image I wanted.

This is a work of fiction. All the characters in it, human and otherwise, are imaginary, excepting only certain of the fairy folk, whom it might be unwise to offend by casting doubts on their existence. Or lack thereof”. ~Neil Gaiman, Books of Magic III




No comments: