Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, November 9, 2014














Old City Hall

Autumn is almost done and winter is fast approaching. As much as I enjoy being out and about in the winter weather sketching has to take a back seat, in a warm building if possible !
So this week we began a search for places with a view through a window.
A friend suggested Planet Bean which not only serves good coffee but also has window seats (if you can secure one) we did and had a view of the old City Hall across the street.
It's interesting how the need to put down on paper what you see and feel, how 'Art' grabs hold of you and won't let go.
As I have mentioned I put down my brushes in the mid 1990's but they knew that one day they would be put back to use and sat quietly waiting in a corner of a closet, As time passed their whispers grew more insistent and here we are again seeking out places and things to sketch and draw. Luckily you don't have to go far.
Remember the words of Paul Strand …


The artist's world is limitless. It can be found anywhere, far from where he lives or a few feet away. It is always on his doorstep”. ~Paul Strand




No comments: