Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, March 1, 2015

What do the birds see that we don't see?


























What do the birds see that we don't see?

First, this is not a new photograph, it was taken several weeks ago but my photography has been slacking off in recent weeks as other things come to the fore, like my rediscovering the joy of painting..

 
Last week was hectic, as far as work was concerned but I did manage a few short walks. The one thing I noticed was the woods are louder …. birdsong.

I mentioned this recently that there were more birds but they were quite silent as if they were waiting. Well this last week whatever they were waiting for arrived because they are silent no longer!

I notice the strength of the sun increasing, there is a warmth to it now along with weak glow. I guess the birds feel it more than we do, after all they are out in the cold all the time.

That gentle increase in warmth that is barely noticeable to us is enough for them to start celebrating Springs arrival.

Another Winter endured and for most survived.

Truly something worth singing about …

A bird does not sing because it has an answer.  It sings because it has a song”. ~Chinese Proverb

No comments: