Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, April 26, 2015

All my life's a circle ..


























https://www.flickr.com/photos/ajn_photography/17266029671/

As Harry Chapin said/sang:

All my life's a circle”

Yesterday part of it went full circle, back 7 years to the start of a friendship and the start of a long walk.

It was Doug who suggested gong back to the beginning; first that meant a stop at the local Tim's.

Fortified with tea and treats we headed up to Elora to wander the gorge trails, then find a place for more tea and conversation.

With friends you slip into these times like slipping into an old glove, they just fit, no struggle no thinking involved it just happens.

It was supposed to be a photo outing but ended up more as a walk and talk outing but that's OK we enjoyed ourselves and more importantly for me it broke me free of the chains of recent months where everything seems to have been sidelined...

So it is fitting that my “Photo of the Week” be a black and white study, after all it is where I began..

So for my quotation I turn to Rumi ..

Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love”.

No comments: