Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, May 10, 2015

Once more around ..

























 

"Wondering what others think of your photography, stifles your creativity".. part of a conversation with Doug where I decided to 'shoot for me'. this usually means black and white 
 
 You can read the blog post that started me thinking here....


It was a result of this article by Canadian photographer Darren Wiggett


You might know or maybe not that I have been in the photographic doldrums for months now, nary a shutter pressed, definitely no prints made in what seemed like an endless struggle...

Well recently a few things have happened;

Primarily I had a blank wall at the gallery which is due to open today!

Two printers have gone virtually unused, something that is not good for printers so I had to print 'something'

A comment from my friend Doug a few weeks back about getting back to basics .

All of these started to gnaw at me and culminated/gelled in the moment I read the above articles.

Then the light went on or should I say “back on”.

I had been walking the same path, trying to please others, worrying about how others felt about my work, instead of just doing it for me.

So what you see here is that one small step back to the basics, which to me means black and white photography it's what I love so that's where I will start ….

Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom”. ~Buddha

and a very Happy Mothers Day to all our Mom's both here and 'there' .. 

No comments: