Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dundas - Pure Gold


Dundas - Pure Gold
Originally uploaded by Alan Norsworthy

Fortune still smiles upon us here in Southwestern Ontario.

We are in the midst of our "Indian Summer" and the world is lit by a golden glow, well at least my world is.

My friends and I decided that this year Autumn is definitely a time of yellows and golds as opposed to the reds of previous years.

Even though there is frost in the air come morning, everywhere the leaves and the woods are suffused with warmth and the smell, oh yes! Trampling through the carpet of fallen leaves releases the musty smell that only this time of year can produce.

The rustle of the dried leaves whispers of things to come, promises to be kept as the wheel turns and another year draws to a close.

But not yet, not yet ....

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. ~John Muir