Originally from Northern England, Alan Norsworthy has been a photographer since the late 1960's.

He moved to Canada in 1973 and has made Guelph Ontario his home for the last 24 years.

" I remember visiting the CN Tower in the early 70's and the guide said that as far as you could see in any direction is the best farmland in Canada. That comment echoes down the years as I watch subdivisions eat up the landscape."

The area around Guelph offers up a plethora of rural images which Alan captures with his artistic vision. His work covers everything from macro photographs of flowers, sweeping landscapes, historic buildings and old abandoned farms in both colour and Black and White.

"This is where I find my inspiration, I have a need to show people the beauty I see as I walk the woods and fields of Southern Ontario"


Monday, October 11, 2010

Photo of the Weekend - Falling Water, Fallen Leaves


Falling Water, Fallen Leaves
Originally uploaded by Alan Norsworthy

This is my time.
Fall is here bringing warm days and cool nights.
The forest sounds are changing as the leaves dry, change colour and begin to fall. The forest floor is covered in a carpet of red and gold.
Ah Autumn at last, I wait all year for this.

This Thanksgiving weekend Doug, Karen and I visited a couple of waterfalls; Progreston and Grindstone Falls in and near Waterdown Ontario.

Grindstone Creek tumbles along a rocky course below the falls and is flanked by the Bruce Trail. Following that trail gives so many opportunities to make photographs, Scenes like this are plentiful.

Autumn by a river or a creek provides a great place to sit, think, watch and wait and listen for the voice inside that says 'yes there, fire the shutter quickly before the moment is forever gone '

Through my lens I hope to convey more than what I see. I hope to convey what I feel, what Autumn in the woods means to me.

...it does seem to me that Capa has proved beyond all doubt that the camera need not be a cold mechanical device. Like the pen, it is as good as the man who uses it. It can be the extension of mind and heart... John Steinbeck

No comments: